- New website!We are migrating over to a new online platform where you can SHOP ONLINE! All information here remains relevant though, so that's good news. Visit http://www.tgbshop.com
- Coronavirus Stage 4 Restrictions Update.We are still trading! We are open from 11am until 7pm Tuesday – Saturday. We respectfully ask that you follow the guidelines; wear a mask unless you've got an exemption, one person per household shopping per day, and keep your 1.5m distance. Please avoid any excess handling of product. Sanitiser is available all over the … Read more
- Hello 3PBS listeners & Crafty Pint readers!G'day, I've just seen another little spike which I presume is thanks to our PBS sponsorship and/or Crafty Pint listing so I thought I'd acknowledge and welcome you to the world of The Great Beyond. It's a little bottle shop located at 152 Bell street Coburg and it's full of delicious drinks that previously weren't … Read more
- Hello 3RRR listeners!Just a brief hello & welcome, I've seen a traffic spike since we started our advertising campaign on the Rs. Hi! I'm Ryan and I'm chuffed to have you reading my writings. I own and operate a little bottle shop on Bell street Coburg called The Great Beyond. I've filled the place with delicious drinks … Read more
- Business as usual as can be.I've been getting lots of phone calls asking if I'm still open with the current restrictions, so I'm just updating here to let you know that for the time being and until such time as the law changes that I'm open for business as usual as can be. I ask that if you're going to … Read more
This message is only visible to admins:
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
Click here to Troubleshoot.
I’m Ryan and I’m the owner and operator of The Great Beyond, an independent bottle shop in Coburg, Australia. I’ve spent fifteen years working in the booze trade in Melbourne, the past six of which have been spent living in wonderful Coburg, a suburb where I’ve become accustomed to being able to walk to just about everything I could need, want or desire – except somewhere to buy interesting booze!
A couple of years ago my very patient partner and I decided to do something about that problem, and after almost two years of tantrums, tears, hard work, self doubt, meltdowns and bloody fantastic help from a few friends and family, here we are. The doors are open. The good folk of Coburg can walk to somewhere to buy interesting booze!
In the middle of the shop is a workbench surrounded by a few stools where you can take a seat, have a sip of whatever I’ve got open on the day (it’s usually a couple of wines, beers and maybe a spirit or even a Sherry) and we can work out what you’re up to, where you’re at in your booze journey and find something delicious for you to drink.
I have no time for the wank, bullshit, mystique or pretence that surrounds wine. It’s fermented grape juice grown on grape farms. Get a grip, people! I try to focus on finding out what you think is yum, or not – and guiding you down a path of discovery and adventure based on your feedback. I can answer all sorts of nerdy questions if you like, but I do my absolute best to keep my stories bullshit free. If at any stage I’m getting wine wanky, you are encouraged to pull me up on my indiscretions.
In store you’ll find a wide variety of delicious and interesting craft beer, wine, cider and spirits. I have a particular penchant for Australian spirits and you will find they are very well represented.
Next time you’re in this neck of the woods and need to stock up, please consider calling in. I’m very respectful of your downtime, and chuffed at the opportunity to help make your downtime a little better with one of my wonderful drinks.
I hope to see you soon.